Hey, I got so exited about the DotKlok that I decided to build my own! As it’s quite difficult to buy one from here (I live in Florianópolis – Brazil), and to pay U$150 for the Kit wouldn’t work for me… So I want to build a good looking clock for my room, which I only have my computer and mobile as clock.
First of all, I needed to buy the 24×16 Led Display from Sure Electronics, which I found for a good price at eBay (little cheaper then buying from the Website).
I just got back from the gym when the board arrived from the post office, as you can see by my face:
Then I got the PCB from Dorkbotpdx, which came really fast and with really good quality, as you can see in the image below, and the board is dark purple, really cool!!
So here is the clock working:
My next step is to add a LM35 temperature sensor to it and learn the code so I can make my own effects. I will also disable some effects that it’s too hard to read like in more code, not really useful.
If you want to build your own, you should check http://www.technoetc.net/dotklok/ for instructions, code, design and everything else you may need.
Keep posted for my new mods for this amazing clock.
Leave a comment
- (go to top ↑): Hello There. I discovered your
- (Cchubnigeria.Com): Hello there I am so delighted
- (dansku): Like it's said on the pos, you
- (dansku): Hi, I don't know how is the mb
- (rossi): Hey Daniel, I was really exc
- (Siddharth): Hello..I'm building Alcohol Se
- (Lucinda Bel): And the connection from the ar
- (Lucinda Bel): hi, I have one more question i
- (Lucinda Bel): Hi, I am a third year student
- (Paul Ruszczyk): I just picked up a Maxsonar MB