New Gmail Player

Google๏ฟฝs Gmail just made one nice update. Now it has a mp3 player built-in. So now when you receiver a .mp3 file in your email, you can listen to it before download. This is very useful for those who send/receive a lot of mp3.

File on the email attachment:
play1.jpg

The player:
play2.jpg

Another Cool Observation:
You can use the player to play any mp3 on the internet, by using the code:
Example:
and it will look like this

TIP:
To find all .mp3 files on your gmail account, under searchbar:
filename:mp3” and it will list all emails with .mp3 attached.

If you want to use Gmail to host your mp3, there is a good Firefox plugin to use gmail as a FileBrowser.
You can download it HERE.

Any question just say, and I’ll try to help you! ๐Ÿ™‚

22 comments on “New Gmail Player

1. Shii August 23, 2006 12:03 am

What’s that piano song you’re using as an example?

2. Shii August 23, 2006 12:18 am

Thanks, there are some other good ones in that folder.

This Gmail feature is cool, too (although I prefer a surprise when I get an e-mail!)

3. Pasteler0 August 23, 2006 12:22 am

Yes. It’s up to you to wait for the download to finish! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Srinivasan R August 23, 2006 10:43 am

I noticed this feature when my friend sent me a voice mail through Google Talk. I got the message as mp3 file and it opened in the player. Just great.

5. Daniel Drucker August 23, 2006 12:56 pm

That Gplayer.txt is wrong – it has smart quotes and the end tag is missing the left bracket and slash.

6. Pasteler0 August 23, 2006 2:21 pm

yeah man, I will correct it as soon as I get home. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

7. zaretina August 24, 2006 11:12 am

how to use gspace in firefox? the thing is, you can upload the mp3s but for the mother of god you can not get the mp3 url, at least is can’t, so i can’t use it with the g mp3 player?

8. alex August 28, 2006 7:55 am

Hmm, it seems this one is only available at the moment for english g-mail. I just uploaded a mp3 with Gspace, but i only can download the mp3 from my dutch gmail account, i don’t see an player option.

9. NoHandleBars December 14, 2006 2:31 pm

Is this currently known to not work with IE7? It appears to work fine in FF2, but I just get a blank with a QuickTime logo where the player should be in IE7. Thanks.

10. Dave December 15, 2006 11:46 am

The iframe implementation of this player does not work properly in IE7. It seems that IE7 has problems detecting that it needs the Flash plugin and tries to use the Quicktime plugin instead. Any thoughts?

11. TARISHAN KRITESH PILLAY December 25, 2006 9:08 pm

DEAR FRIEND,
    HOW ARE YOU MY FRIEND AND HOW ARE YOU DOING MY FRIEND WHATS YOUR NAME MY FRIEND DO HAVE CAR I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL CAR AND WHATS BRAND OF DO YOU HAVE MAZDA AND DO YOU THE WWE CHAMPION JOHN CENA HE IS THE 2 TIMER WWE CHAMPION DO YOU WACTH WRESSLING

12. Shaluu January 4, 2007 10:03 pm

Hi,

I’m looking for the plugin that will allow gmail to display the music i’m listening to.

I’m not savvy enough to know where to paste the code, that you’ve provided, on the website.

Help!

Thanks

Shaluu

13. Pasteler0 January 5, 2007 10:06 pm

Shaluu, i’m not sure there’s something like that.

14. Visiteur March 15, 2007 5:31 am

It even bugs firefox for me !

1. look good
    2. click play, it plays a while
    3. it turns white
    4. firefox bug
    5. have to restart firefox, man (With all tabs open and stuff)
    6. Why?

15. Zorin May 23, 2009 9:29 pm

I don’t have the gmail audio player playing my music in emails anymore. it now loads up another player, anyway to get the gmail player back? I miss it. ๐Ÿ™

16. Jack July 7, 2009 1:35 pm